Home / Archive by category "DWI"
Missouri Traffic Tickets:  Our Process

Missouri Traffic Tickets: Our Process


Traffic Ticket Center in St. Charles County, Missouri can assist you with your St. Peters speeding ticket or St. Peters traffic ticket.

We are highly experienced in helping clients with traffic violations in all areas of Missouri, including: Kansas City, St. Louis, Mid-Missouri, Northwest Missouri, Northeast Missouri, Southeast Missouri, Southwest Missouri and Missouri Highway Patrol.



First, call our office to provide your contact information, your traffic ticket number, the violation, and the city or county where you received your ticket so we can provide you with a quote.


Once we know more specifics about your situation, we will provide you with your options.  You can hire us at our office or over the telephone.  Convenience and speed are major positives of hiring our firm to represent you.


When you give us your consent to proceed, we will begin by entering a “Not Guilty” plea on your behalf.  We will notify the prosecutor of all facts in your favor.  Are you a good driver?  Are  you a good citizen?  In the military?  Was the weather bad that day? Were you having a bad day?  Our job is to present you as a person rather than a name on a piece of paper.  We put your best foot forward which can often make a huge difference in the disposition of the case (how the case is resolved).


Next, the attorney will negotiate with the Prosecutor  to amend the charges against you.  The goal is to avoid accumulation of points on your license which also avoids an increase in insurance rates.  Some cases are much harder to negotiate with than others.  For example, if you get a speeding ticket for driving 45 in a 30 mph zone that’s one thing.  However, 75 in a 30 mph zone is a different story.  Luckily, we know that there are alternative sentencing options out there.  For example, for high speed, prosecutors will often reduce the ticket to a non-moving violation (what you want) if you complete a Driver Improvement Program (DIP).


Once we receive an amended charge from the Prosecution, we will call you and discuss the process moving forward.  Payment of fines can often be done via credit card or check.  You will have to pay your fine and enter your guilty plea to the amended charge.


I’ve practiced law in California and New Jersey and I can tell you that the process for traffic ticket attorney is much different in those states than here.  St. Louis is particularly unique even in Missouri.  Nevertheless this is the system we have.  But, most of that system works to your favor.  It’s much cheaper here to resolve tickets, you often don’t even need to meet with your lawyer and you will almost never need to go to court unless your charged with a serious matter like a DWI.

Traffic Ticket center can assist you with your traffic ticket as well as DWI’s, alcohol and drug offenses and general criminal defense.  Call us today at (636) 486-2669.

Missouri Abuse and Lose

Missouri Abuse and Lose

Missouri Abuse and Lose

                 Missouri has strong laws regarding alcohol and other serious traffic offenses.  If you’re under 21, Missouri’s “Abuse and Lose” laws apply.

The statute is Section 577.500.1 and consists of two sections:

Under the first section, the Abuse and Lose law authorizes suspension or revocation of driving privileges if a person under 21 has committed any alcohol related traffic offense, any offense involving possession or use of alcohol while operating a motor vehicle, any offense involving possession of a controlled substance (drugs) or any offense involving the alteration, modification or misrepresentation of a license to operate a motor vehicle.

The length of suspension or revocation varies depending on whether it was a first offense or not.  For a first offense, the period of suspension is 90 days.  An arrest for a second or subsequent offense results in a one year loss of license privileges.

Under the second suspension, a person under 21 can have their license suspended or revoked for any offense involving the purchase, attempted purchase or possession of an intoxicating liquor by a minor or a minor in a visibly intoxicated condition, if the juvenile was over the age of 15 at the time of the offense.

Suspension is for 30 days for a first offense, 90 days for a second offense and a year for a third or subsequent offense.

As with other alcohol related traffic offenses, for your driver’s license to be reinstated, you have to pay the required fee and completed a substance abuse program such as the Substance Abuse Traffic Offender Program, commonly known as SATOP.

Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to get a limited driving privilege for getting to and from school, for doctor visits and for work.

Here’s a link to the DMV’s FAQ about Abuse and Lose:  http://dor.mo.gov/faq/drivers/abuse.php

If you’re under 21 and have been charged with an alcohol related traffic offense such as DWI / DUI or Minor in Possession call our office right away.  We understand this can be a confusing and scary experience.  Knowing your rights and having an experienced lawyer on your side is crucial.